- 2012 Ph. D., Reproductive Physiology, West Virginia University/Smithsonian Institute (SCBI)
- 2008 MS, Reproductive Physiology, West Virginia University
- 2002 BS, Animal and Veterinary Science, West Virginia University
- 2010 Guest lecturer at Waynesburg University Department of Biology, Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
- 2012 Featured in the Journal of the Elephant Managers Association Vol. 23, No. 1 “Researching the Researcher”
- International Society of Wildlife Endocrinology
- Society for the Study of Reproduction
- The Wildlife Society
- Global Underwater Explorers (GUE)
Grants (Principal or Co-Principal Investigator)
- 2010 Determining the efficacy of a cyclic regimen of Equidone for treating ovarian acyclicity in African elephants. Morris Animal Foundation ($32,022)
- 2010 Determining the efficacy of a cyclic regimen of Equidone for treating ovarian acyclicity in African elephants. Equitox Pharma Company (Equidone, $20,000 in kind donation)
- 2010 Efficacy of Cabergoline to treat hyperprolactinemia-induced ovarian acyclicity in African elephant females. Pfizer (Cabergoline, $30,000 in kind donation.
- 2010 Efficacy of Cabergoline to treat hyperprolactinemia-induced ovarian acyclicity in African elephant females. Sea World/Busch Gardens Conservation Fund ($5,000)
- 2009 Effects of age and reproductive status on serum concentrations of Inhibin and Anti-Müllerian Hormone in male and female elephants. Beckman-Coulter (hormone assay kits, $16,500 in kind kit donation)
- 2008. Effects of Induced Acute Phase Response in Ewes on Early Embryo Survival
- 2012. Physiological and Endocrine Factors Contributing to Acyclicity in the Female African Elephant (Loxodonta africana)
- Dow TL. 2011. Elephant Natural History. In: Elephant Husbandry Resource Guide. Olson, D. (Ed). In Review.
Refereed Journal Publications
Dow TL, Brown JL. 2017. Determining the efficacy of domperidone and cabergoline for treating ovarian acyclicity in captive African elephant (Loxodonta africana). In Review.
Dow TL, Brown JL. 2012. Evidence of hyperprolactinemia as a growing cause of infertility in female zoo African (Loxodonta africana) elephants . Reproduction, Fertility and Development. 24(8):1019-1027.
Dow TL, Roudebush, WE, Parker N, Brown JL. 2011. Anti-Müllerian Hormone in captive Asian (Elephas maximus) and African (Loxodonta africana) elephants. Theriogenology. 75:620-627.
Dow TL, Holásková I, Brown JL. 2011. Results of the third Reproductive Assessment Survey of North American Asian (Elephas maximus) and African (Loxodonta africana) female elephants. Zoo Biology. 29:1-13.
Dow TL, Rogers-Neiman G, Holásková I, Elsasser TH, Dailey RA. 2010. Synthesis of cytokines and acute phase proteins in early pregnant ewes after challenge with peptidoglycan-polysaccharide (PG-PS). Domestic Animal Endocrinology. 39(2):147-154.